Public Works Department
The Minooka Public Works Department headquarters is located at 608 Twin Rail Drive. The Public Works Department consists of a staff of eight maintenance and operations personnel, one clerical personnel, and a superintendent responsible for the supervision, operation and maintenance of Village infrastructure and support services including the following:
- Operation and maintenance of a 2.2 MGD wastewater treatment plant.
- Sanitary sewer collection system consisting of 32 miles of sanitary sewer lines, manholes and 7 lift stations.
- Operation and maintenance of 4 water treatment facilities including 2 Cation exchange water softening facilities supplied by 5 wells.
- Inspection of new water and sewer service lines.
- Operation and maintenance of 3 elevated storage tanks.
- Operation of water transmission and distribution system consisting of 44 miles of water mains ranging in sizes of 4-inches to 16-inches in diameter, 26 miles of service lines, 1250 fire hydrants, 850 main line valves.
- Water meter reading, repairs and maintenance of 4,000 water meters.
- Billing and account maintenance for the 4,000 utility accounts.
- Street maintenance of 63 miles of roadways including 12 miles of storm sewers, 1850 catch basins, wet and dry detention basins, regulatory and street name signs, mowing of roadside ditches, asphalt patching.
- Operation and maintenance of street lights.
- Operation and maintenance of traffic signal lights.
- Maintenance of 21 park facilities.
- Maintenance of 5 miles of bike trails.
- Snow plowing operations.
- GIS – Geographic Information System (Data Collection)
The Public Works Department relies on private contractors for assistance for the following services:
- Garbage, recycling and yard waste services
- Mosquito Control Program.
- Snow removal and ice control.
- Tree maintenance and removal.
- Street sweeping
- Lawn maintenance and landscaping service.
The Public Works Department staff and contractors provide 24-hour service for emergency response and operations of its facilities and related appurtenances.
|Superintendent of Public Works||Phone: 815-467-8868|
|Minooka Public Works Department||Fax: 815-467-8865|
|608 Twin Rail Drive||Water Department Billing|
|Minooka, Illinois 60447||Phone: 815-467-2142|
|Emergency 24-hour Phone Number: 815-467-2161|